Pets provide a sense of meaning or purpose. Losing someone you love is devastating, and the same applies for the death of a pet.
While some people may not understand the depth of feeling you had for your pet, we at the KSPCA understand, and give you room to grieve your beloved pet.
As part of our member services, the KSPCA provides a dignified and personal cremation service for your pet. We know it’s difficult to bid them goodbye which is why we are here to walk with you through the journey.
Our staff will be here to welcome and attend to you and answer any queries that you may have.
All individual pet cremations take place in our purpose-built and licensed cremators. Your pet will be put in their own chamber to ensure you receive only your pet’s ashes if you wish to collect them. We provide urns and other items to help you remember your loved ones.
For these services, please call 0790 495 642
Coping with the loss of a pet.
Sorrow and grief are normal and natural responses to death. The grieving process happens gradually and feeling sad or lonely is a normal reaction to the loss of a beloved pet.
Grief can only be dealt with over time, but there are healthy ways to cope with the pain. Here are some suggestions:
- Reach out to others who have lost pets
- Hold a memorial service for your pet
- Create a legacy such as a photo collage, write a tribute, or plant a tree in memory of your pet
- If you have other pets, try to maintain your normal routine since the surviving pets can also experience loss when another pet dies, or they may become distressed by your sorrow
- Reach out and accept support from friends and family